Flawless Guide by Madame J
We follow strict standards and dedication to educate the community on Korean skincare. It is not about having more products but rather getting the right products that will suit your skin's needs.
Our guides feature how to's, recommendations, videos and FAQs, and insight into Korean skincare routines.
For any questions, skin advice or product recommendations we are always at your service, please contact us at email@example.com.
Guide to the 10-Step Korean Skincare Routine
Most Korean women use an 8 and 10-step skincare routine each and every day to help keep their skin healthy and beautiful. Despite of a bit of work compared to the average skincare regimen, this does not go unnoticed – Korean women take pride in their skin by religiously and meticulously using certain products backed by decade of scientific advancement.
Achieving good skin means knowing the right products for you as every skin is different. It is more than just the number of products you use — it's using the right products and applying them in the right order. We hope that this guideline will help you to start and plan your skincare routine.
1. MAKEUP REMOVER & OIL-BASED CLEANSER
- Select an oil based cleanser to start with as this will work to remove oil- based makeup and impurities from the skin.
2. WATER-BASED CLEANSER
- Use a water-based cleanser to gently remove the oil residue and water-based impurities from the day.
- Twice a week use a gentle enzyme or bead-based exfoliator to remove the dead skin cells that can make the complexion appear lack-lustre whilst blocking pores and preventing key product ingredient absorption.
- To balance the skin's pH levels, it's important to apply toner; otherwise the skin can become dry and dehydrated. Toner further helps to absorb the next products you apply.
- Essence is a hybrid between a toner and a serum. It works perfectly to hydrate the complexion, aiding cellular turnover for a youthful appearance.
6. AMPOULES AND SERUMS
- Similar to serums, it actually comprise an even higher number of active ingredients to target specific skin care concerns. They're used for a finite amount of time as a booster when your skin badly needs the extra help.
- Serums target specific skin concerns like wrinkles, dark spots, and dehydration.
7. SHEET MASKS
- A cloth saturated with skin loving ingredients! Perfect for all skin types, everyone can benefit from these masks which deliver a deeply hydrating and anti-ageing treatment.
8. EYE CREAM
- Smooth a light eye cream across both the brow and socket bone moving from the inner to outer corner of the eye. The skin is at its thinnest as there are no sebaceous glands to produce natural oils, so it's important to keep this area hydrated and protected all day long.
- Apply a soothing moisturizer in a light layer across the skin for long lasting all-day hydration.
- Protecting the skin on a daily basis from UV rays will avoid the development of dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines.